Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas #3- Greensboro

Our third (and final) Christmas took place in Greensboro with my family.  On Christmas Eve we had dinner and dessert at my aunt and uncles house.  My aunt made a fabulous dinner and we had the best time catching up with my little (not so little anymore) cousins.  

Christmas morning we woke up to go to High Point (to my other aunts house) for breakfast with my cousins and grandparents.  I love this tradition- we have been doing it as long as I can remember.  I took a few pictures of the cousins (we missed you Anna and Kyle!) but we looked pretty rough.  I think Laurie and Blair will thank me for not posting them :)  As we were leaving, it started snowing and did not stop for the rest of the day!  We ended up with almost six inches of snow and a white Christmas!  The rest of the day was spent doing presents with my dad and sister, seeing True Grit (we recommend it by the way- it was great!)  and having bbq with my grandmother.   That night we drove around Greensboro to see some Christmas lights.  There is one neighborhood that puts these lighted balls in the trees.  So many houses participate- it's beautiful.  Although it's pretty hard to take a decent picture of lights and night, but here's my attempt-


We have spent the rest of the week enjoying more family and friends.  My family also got completely sucked  into Lost on Netflix. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time around, but we are definitely hooked now.

We feel so blessed to be able to celebrate with everyone that we love.  It has been a wonderful break!

No comments:

Post a Comment