Monday, January 3, 2011

A Fun Game...

So, if you know Nick at all, you know he loves to tease and play tricks.  There have been several nights since we got married that I have come to bed and laid my head on my pillow only to find something strange hidden in my pillowcase- like my hairbrush.  Who would think to do that?  Another night when I went to bed there was something black and charred on my pillow.  I could not figure out what it was.  Turns out it was a charred green bean that we had found earlier in the day in the bottom of the oven.  Again- who would think to do that?  If you thought he threw it away after that, you would be wrong.  Soon after I found the green bean on my pillow it started showing up in other places like my makeup bag and in my car.  

Eventually the green bean wore out.  The game did not.  We moved on from a green bean to a baby sock left by our niece and then on to a little yellow bear that one of my students gave me last year.  This bear has been around the longest and has shown up in some pretty crazy places.  Some of my favorites being in the pocket of my favorite sweater, on my loofa in the shower, and tied to my apron strings.  I try hiding it back for Nick to find, but my mind does not work like his.  My spots are never as good.

The other day I was baking and went to scoop out some flour.  I just assumed it was lumpy and proceeded to scoop the flour-


You can imagine my reaction when I pulled this little guy up out of the flour.  Who would ever think to do that?


And this is why there will never be a dull moment when you live with Nick!

1 comment:

  1. I miss Nick and I miss Lindsay too! When are you guys coming to Nashville?
    Barry and I use to do this with a plastic fishing worm. When I woke up one morning and found it hanging out the spout of my coffee maker - I decided to win the game. I made a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and put the worm inside - when he bit into his sandwich and found it, he was surprised that I had been that clever. Have fun, we have tried bars of soap, fishing worms, cards with a monkey on the front - they still show up when both of us has forgotten where we hid them.
    love you guys. regina

    ReplyDelete