Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cotswolds Part 1



I was blessed to be able to spend my spring break in London with our family that lives there.  I know, I still can't believe it either!  My sister-in-law, Cait planned an overnight trip for us while I was there to the Cotswolds- Chipping Campden more specifically.  It looks exactly like you would picture the English countryside to look- complete with thatched roofs and sheep.  It was like we had stepped back in time- everything was so well preserved and perfectly quaint.  


There are public footpaths that cover the whole area.  We hiked along these trails the better part of our first day, stopping in a pub for some classic British cuisine.  The footpaths cut through private property and pastures so we were walking right by sheep hanging out in the fields. 





After our five mile walk we treated ourselves to afternoon tea and scones-  I can see why the British love their tea so much.  It's a great way to spend your afternoon!



Cait, Chris and I got a little carried away while we were ordering and ended up with these treats too-


We ended our first day with a glass of wine while enjoying the sunset-  it doesn't get much better!





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! It makes me want to go so bad! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics look awesome! I didn't know Nick's mom was there too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this seems like a dream! What fun it was!!

    ReplyDelete