Friday, May 3, 2013

Emery Kate Scheuer


Emery Kate Scheuer was born on Monday March 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm.  She weighed 7 pounds and 2 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.  She is absolutely perfect and we are so in love with her!


Emery was exactly a week late.  In fact I was scheduled to be induced that Monday morning.  My doctor scheduled the induction the week before, but kept saying she doubted I would make it that long. Well, Sunday the day before the induction, I was still very pregnant and also feeling uneasy about being induced.  Nick and I were really hoping and praying that Emery would decide to come all on her own but it seemed like we were running out of time.  We spent the day doing things around the house and had a romantic dinner of grilled steaks.  It was a strange feeling going to bed knowing that tomorrow was the big day.  The hospital would call between 5 and 8 am to let us know when to come in.
Around 4 in the morning I woke up in pain.  I tried not to get to excited, but then when another one came about 10 minutes later I knew I was having contractions!  I would walk through the contractions and then lay back down and try to sleep in between.  Finally I woke Nick up at 6 to tell him I was in labor!  I took a shower and packed up last minute things.  We sat on the couch and watched the Today show for distraction and timed the contractions. When the hospital called around 8:30 to tell us to come on in we happily informed them that I was in labor and would see them soon!  All morning we had been talking to Nick's mom on the phone. She warned us that we shouldn't wait too long because I could progress quickly and the hospital was 45 minutes away.  Right after that conversation the contractions became quite painful and I decided it was time to go.  While Nick showered and packed the car I paced the house, telling him I wasn't sure I was going to be able to sit in the car.   I made it in the car, but did not speak the whole way to the hospital.

They had a room waiting for us when we got there and we checked in immediately.  Labor progressed pretty quickly.  After the epidural, I was able to enjoy the day.  Nick and I were able to visit with our family and he even caught a quick nap.  Around 4:00 the doctor informed us it was time to push!  I remember thinking "okay this is really happening!"  After 30 minutes we met our sweet Emery Kate for the first time!  Words can't express what an incredible experience that was.  I will never forget it!

Now for tons of pictures!





Seeing Emery for the first time.  She stared right at me.

Such a proud dad!


Our little family

Meeting her Aunt Laurie

Proud grandfather

Meeting her Grammy


Learning how to swaddle from the expert

Sweet sweet girl!




Wednesday morning we were discharged from the hospital.  Emery did great in the car and didn't even make a peep!  It was surreal leaving the hospital with a baby.  We kept saying "I can't believe they are letting us take her home!"









 




More to come soon!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! So so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes just remembering how sweet those moments are! What a joy! She is precious and we are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one sweet, sweet baby girl and two of the best, proudest parents I've ever seen! (Of course I could see us, without a mirror, that is) Love seeing all these fun photos again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally a post :) i am so glad i get to meet this sweet girl in a couple weeks--she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing these pictures, Lindsay. The one of Emery staring right into your eyes made me cry. I know you and Nick are great parents.

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you guys! Miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet sweet girl and I'm so glad she's here! I could look at pictures of her all day:) love reading your blog kev!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling over these pictures.... I want mooooore!!! :)

    ReplyDelete