Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Avett Brothers and VT vs. Duke

                     

Part of my birthday present from Nick was tickets to see one of our favorite bands - The Avett Brothers!  They played in Roanoke last Friday night.  We have been wanting to see them for a while, and I have to say- they did not disappoint!  They are awesome performers and so much fun to see live.  Laurie and Pat came with us-  it was such a fun night out!


On Saturday we finally went to see a VT football game.  Football is the culture here and we had clearly been missing out.  My dad was able to come up for the day and go to the game with us.  If you know my dad, you know he is a huge Duke fan.  He didn't have very high hopes for the Blue Devils on Saturday, so he wasn't disappointed too badly.  Basketball season is a different story! The weather could not have been more perfect and we enjoyed the quality time with family.    


My dad in his Duke blue and his girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment