Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My 26th Year & A Sweet Husband

Last week I celebrated my 26th birthday - crazy!  Nick helped to make it a very special day!  Here is the wonderful breakfast I woke up to- yummy "egg cups" and doughnuts from Carol Lee.

 This was on my card- one of the best parts about getting a card from Nick is this pig that he draws on the back.
 I had school that day and Nick had class that afternoon.  I hurried home from school so we could go pick out a pumpkin before Nick had to go to class.  When I got home, he told me to get ready for dinner and surprise- he wasn't going to class!  We went here to pick our pumpkin.  How fun!


Originally, I thought we were going to dinner somewhere around here, but after the pumpkin picking we got on the highway and started traveling south.  We ended up in the small town of Elkin, NC where Nick and I met a few times when we were engaged.  There is a really cute restaurant that we have been to before.  When we pulled up, I saw Laurie and Pat!  Nick surprised me and had them meet us for dinner!  We had a fabulous meal- if you ever end up near Elkin I highly recommend this place.  We had the best night enjoying dinner and catching up!  I kept telling Nick I was going to stay 25, but so far 26 seems pretty great.
   

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! We need to go out there and pick a pumpking! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete