Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Catching Up...

So- its been a while!  I am not sure where February has gone- it's flying by.  Here is a little of what we have been up to-  

Nick took a field trip with one of his classes.  It's a studio class and they are making a neighborhood revitalization plan for Bristol, Va.  They will be able to save some beautiful Victorian style homes.  I am excited to see what they come up with.


We hiked Dragon's Tooth which has been on our list of hikes we wanted to try since we moved here.  It was a beautiful day but much cooler than anticipated-  especially at the top! 


We celebrated Valentine's Day together.  Nick surprised me that morning with a cappuccino and a chocolate croissant which was my favorite breakfast treat while we were in Europe.  I have been craving it recently, and he's a good listener!  Valentine's is a really fun day to spend with second graders.  We had a party and passed out their "Valentimes" which is what they called it all day despite many attempts from their teacher to correct them.  


This one definitely made me laugh the most, so I had to share.



Nick fixed a delicious dinner for us that night, but that was about the extent of our celebration because I was sick.  I wasn't the best Valentine, but I finally feel better.


 This past weekend we went to Greensboro to visit my family.  It was great to just relax and spend time with them.  Nick got in some fishing down at the pond behind my dad's house.  Check out my dad's handiwork-  the fire pit he built recently.  It's a great place to relax.  We also got to see my bff Stacey who is back in NC.  It was another great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment