Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day Date

Saturday Nick and I decided to have a "day date."  It was supposed to be a beautiful day and we wanted to enjoy it.  We picked up treats (my new favorite drink- a fresh coconut latte- amazing!!) and headed out to the New River trail.


I am actually training for a half marathon (crazy, I know!) in April and Nick has been sweet enough to do the training with me!  I have never been much of a runner, but always kind of wanted to be.  My sister had already signed up for the race and talked me into joining her.  So far the training has been going well- and I am actually starting to enjoy it.  Saturday was a long run day, so to break things up a bit we decided to try running somewhere new.

The New River trail runs (obviously) along the New River.  The scenery was beautiful and definitely helped take my mind off running.  



We ran 6 miles, which is the longest I have ever run.  I am starting to think I may be able to do this!  Hooray for warm weather!

3 comments:

  1. You ARE able to do it! I've been wanting to check out that trail. Looks beautiful. AND I think I'll have to try a coconut latte...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LINDS YOU GOT IT GIRL!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay,

    I've been reading your blog, and it's been such a nice way to keep up with you & your thoughts. I'm so proud of you for your first half-marathon! It's a tough thing to do. It really helped me to remind myself that even on my worst runs, I wasn't running at all before.

    Good luck with your runs! The scenery is fantastic.

    Brooke Burnette

    ReplyDelete