Friday, March 11, 2011

Mr. Scheuer

Somehow last year I signed myself up to be the Spelling Bee coordinator for my school.  I already knew (but have since been reaffirmed) that something like this is not my forte.  The Spelling Bee was coming up in Roanoke, and I needed a sub for my class desperately.  I had called everyone on the list with no luck.

Lots of stressing out over the Bee and not having a sub went on over g-chat at lunch one day with Nick.  He kindly mentioned he would be willing to sub for my class.   Hmm.... ok!  I went to the office to ask about the process to become a sub.  Basically, you have to fill out a form and then have it approved (I do work at a private school after all). Done!

I spent Thursday evening giving Nick the rundown of my class.  I was only going to be gone for a half day, and he was confident.

The whole afternoon he kept sending me text message updates.  I couldn't wait to hear how his day went!  The verdict?  He loved it!  And so did my class.  At the end of the day they declared he was the best sub ever!  When I asked him what he thought about my job his response was "it's a lot of bossing little kids around." Ha!

2 comments:

  1. That's FREAKIN' awesome! Way to go Nick, what a great husband you are little brother :)

    ReplyDelete