Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving at the Farm

This year Nick and I were able to spend part of Thanksgiving day on my grandparents farm in Walburg, NC.  They purchased the land and built their house when I was young and we have so many great memories of the farm.  Over the years Papa and Grams have had cows, sheep, a donkey, chickens and a rooster among other things!  My cousins, Laurie and I loved swimming in the creek, climbing up in the hayloft in the barn, and hiking all over the 27 acres.



A few of the sheep-  over the years we have been able to hold the baby lambs in the spring-  so cool!
All four of the cousins (and hubbys) were able to make it this year which was so much fun! 

Sister and their babies-  Anna and Copeland
We were also able to celebrate Papa's 80th birthday that day! 




After lunch the guys challenged each other to what is becoming a new tradition- racing down the long driveway on scooters.  Here are their game faces-

nice game face Pat
 I actually got a few pictures of Nick and I- thanks Blair!


I love this next one-  all four cousins and our husbands! We have so much to be thankful for- I am so thankful for family and our relationships.  Love yall so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment