Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cam the Camry

As you probably know, Nick was in a pretty bad wreck before Christmas.  He was coming home from work in the Civic when another car pulled out in front of him and he t-boned (haha L & P) them.  Thank the Lord that he was totally fine besides being very sore and having a mild concussion.  Sadly, we cannot say the same for the Civic (that we affectionately called Beck) - it was totalled.


I loved that car, it was my first car and I got it while I was in college.  Nick and I have some great memories with Beck.  We drove the Civic as we left from our wedding, took it on countless road trips and never had to put any money into it other than new tires!  I am SO thankful that Beck saved Nick's life and so if we had to say goodbye to her, it was a good way for her to go.

It took quite a while for the insurance company to get their act together and get us a check (over a month) and so we had sometime to search for cars.  We were hoping to get a four door car and something with less mileage.  After getting all the money from the insurance company and doing lots of research we found Cam the Camry.  Meet Cam-

So, hopefully he will be just as gas efficient and maintenance free as Beck.  I feel like our cars have personalities.  We also have Frank the 4runner and our rental car was Eric the Elantra.  Do you name your cars?  Or do you think we are crazy for naming ours?

2 comments:

  1. Your mom and I always named our cars, when we were growing up. There was Gray Cloud and Mr. Burgundy, as I remember. Anna calls my Camry, White Cloud. This must run in the family. :) I hope Cam is a great car for you, and I am beyond thankful that Beck saved Nick's life!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-Bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete