Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to School



It's true- our summer of a lifetime is over and school is back in session.  For the first time since we have been married, Nick and I are both doing the same thing for the second year in a row!  It is a really great feeling to have some familiarity.  We are loving Blacksburg and excited about spending another year here.  Nick and I both had our first day of school on Monday.   Nick is starting his second (and last!) year of grad school.  He is really enjoying his classes so far, as they are much more specific to what he wants to do when he graduates, but they are also a lot more work.


I started my second year of teaching.  It was wonderful actually to come back to school and see everyone. I feel so blessed by my job.  I have really loved getting to know my new group of second graders.  They are a really sweet group of kids and I think we are going to have a great year together.  But, whew- the first week of school is exhausting!  It was such a change getting back into that kind of routine and tons of work getting everything ready.   We definitely enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home recuperating!


1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog and keeping up with you two!!! Best wishes for a great school year.

    ReplyDelete