Sunday, August 29, 2010

Camping on the New River

A couple of weeks ago, Nick and I met my dad, my sister Laurie and her bf Pat in Sparta, NC.  We wanted to squeeze in one last mini-vacation before we all started back to school.   My dad and his friends have been camping on the this part of the New River since they were in college.  One of my favorite memories growing up was when my dad would take us camping, close to this same area.  The first summer Nick and I were married we went on a canoe trip with my dad and one of his friends.  So, we have had lots of fun times here. 



We left on a Thursday around lunch and got there in time to enjoy the afternoon on the river.  Thursday also happened to be Laurie's 23rd birthday!!  Happy Birthday Laurie Kate!  We decorated a little bit for the occasion.


We enjoyed a delicious birthday dinner cooked over the campfire-  bbq chicken, potatoes, watermelon, and strawberry cake with cream cheese icing for dessert!  Pretty high class camping.  The next day we decided to tube on the river.  It was the perfect way to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.   It was another relaxing, wonderful weekend on the New River. 




No comments:

Post a Comment