Monday, August 16, 2010

A Little DIY

One of our projects this summer was to make a headboard for our bed.  It is something that I have wanted to do for a while now but finally got around to doing it.  After reading so many different decorating blogs I have seen so many DIY headboards and decided it couldn't be that hard.  Nick and I went to the hardware store one afternoon and put this headboard together in about an hour.  Not to bad- plus it meets our budget of almost free- haha.  

First Nick build a wood frame from 1x2s 

Next we covered the frame in foam batting that we already had and then fabric.  We used a staple gun to attach it to the frame.


Here is the finished product.  I don't have a before, but its much more grown up and colorful I think.  And it was so easy!  I want to make another one soon for the guest bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment